[BlueOnyx:13782] Re: WEB Alias problems

wcstaff at webcoast.com wcstaff at webcoast.com
Tue Oct 1 16:58:32 -05 2013

[mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it] On
> Behalf Of Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet
> Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:43 PM
> To: blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it
> Subject: [BlueOnyx:13781] Re: WEB Alias problems
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> On 10/1/2013 3:17 PM, wcstaff at webcoast.com wrote:
> > Chris,
> > Chris Thank you for help. Unfortunately I'm on my own here, this is my
own
> > box and I'm smart enough to be dangerous.. So I read a lot then ask.
>
> Ah! I see.  OK, we'll do our best.

> SNIP!
> >> What you may wish to try is from the BlueOnyx GUI, click to edit the
> >> site that is giving you a problem.   In the Services > Web settings,
> >> remove anything that is in the Web Server Aliases field, click Save,
then
> > after it is done saving, put the content that should be in Web Server
> > Aliases back, click Save again.
> >>
> >> After clearing out your browser cache, try pulling up with just the
domain
> > again and it should work.
> SNIP!
> > I read one of your earlier posts mentioning this and I earlier tried to
edit
> > the site that is giving you a problem
SNIP!

> Michael Stauber gave another good suggestion that I forgot about:
> The email- and web-alias stuff could possibly be fixed by running this
> script as root:
> /usr/sausalito/sbin/fix_web-and-email-server-aliasses.pl

I tried that before. Unfortunately it didn't fix it. So far I have deleted
the alias names in the GUI, re-saved, re-added them, re-saved. That did not
work.
I then manually modified the /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site# files and made
sure all the Alias entries were correct.
If I go to http://www.somedomain.com/?test and http://somedomain.com/?test
in my browser, the sites come up correctly. I flushed all DNS cache and try
http://somedomain.com and it does not go to www.somedomain.com
I'm going to reboot my PC, the router and the server and see if it clears.

> > Yes it is one of the IP addresses assigned to my server and I can reach
the
> > server using it
SNIP!

> Are you using any sort of port-forwarding or firewall/router with NAT?
>   You may need to make sure that you have your rules set properly there.

No, I'm using Verizon FIOS Commercial with a switch connected directly to
the ONT. I also reset the ONT. There is a router, but the server is not
connected to it.

> Otherwise, so long as the email server is on a valid IP address on the
> server, it should respond.   Have you tried a manual test from your
> workstation?   From a command prompt, you can do:
> telnet ip.add.re.ss 25
> (with a real IP address, of course).   If you get a response from
> Sendmail, it's working.  If not, something is still wrong.

Yes, Sendmail is working. I figured after 3 days of no email, propagation
should have finished. When I switched back to the original ip, it only took
30 minutes to start getting some mail.

> >> That's not necessarily an indicator the RBLs are not working - just
that
> >> the email that's hitting your box isn't coming from blacklisted IPs.
> >
> > I guess my statement was harsh. I should have said I have some doubts
SNIP!

> Please don't misunderstand the inclusion of Blacklists in the GUI as a
> replacement for spam filtering.   It's not one in the same.  If you want
> a high level of filtering, I highly recommend AV-SPAM.   It's the only
> way to go.   Blacklists are very rudimentary.

I'll have to wait for a new budget. We are non profit.

> You won't find any "false reports" for Blacklists, because there cannot
> be such a thing.   An IP is either listed or not.    And of course
> depending on what Blacklists you have configured in the GUI, some may
> get a better hit rate for you than others.

I've tried singular and combos of bl.spamcop.net , dnsbl.sorbs.net,
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org , zen.spamhaus.org

> > Actually I meant WebApplications / Setup SQL. When I click Test MySQL
> > Credentials, it fails. My password is set correctly. I do see under
Network
> > Services / MySQL / MySQL Status, there is a message: "MySQL cannot be
> > established. Check settings."
>
> It's a simple authentication error.   You may be typing what you think
> is the correct password, but that's not what MySQL thinks.   Try a
> manual reset at CLI.   There's a guide here for that:
> http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=cmu-migrations
>
> Or if there is already something set and the above fails, then this may
> be of help:

http://gnuski.blogspot.com/2012/02/resetting-mysql-root-password-red-hat.htm

Thanks I'll read

> >> Can you be more specific?   I've not seen the "you're not doing this
> >> right" message.    VIRTBIZ was the first application for the BlueOnyx
> >> API and we have been successfully using it on our 5108R systems.   What
> >> exactly is happening that is causing you to see an error?
> >
> > It states in the documentation that when typing
> > .https://<server-ip>:81/base/api/index.php in your browser if something
is
> > wrong, the only message you will receive is "you're not doing this
right". I
> > type https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:81/base/api/index.php and get the message.
> > think it has something to do with https settings. I've never used them.
>
> What software are you utilizing the API with?

I don't understand the question, So I'm assuming I'm missing something

> >> It looks to me like this is related to #4 above.  I suspect you have
> >> changed your NIC configuration somehow.   You may need to remove the
NIC
> >> configs (hw addresses) from udev and then reload udev (or reboot).
> >
> > Yes, I just need to know where to go to fix all this. There are so many
> > linked files, I was afraid to edit any.
>
> In the file
> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
>
> Look for lines that appear something like this:
>
> SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*",
> ATTR{address}=="6e:97:f0:8b:ff:96", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*",
> NAME="eth0"
>
> and comment or delete them.   Then reboot.   The server will
> automatically detect the installed NICs again.

The 2 that are there are correct. Should I delete those lines?