[BlueOnyx:13783] Re: Is there a way of using PHP (for WordPress install) from the Content Preview web page(s)?

Richard L de S Clauson blueonyx at virbius.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 19:22:35 -05 2013

Many thanks to Maurice de Laat for suggesting that I should make a local
change to the "hosts" file such that the domain I'm trying to do the
WordPress install for is pointed directly at the web server it is hosted on.

e.g.
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  www.domain.co.uk domain.co.uk

(This will catch both the with and the without "www." prefix versions of the
domain.)

Your, Maurice, suggestion arrived at about the same time as that from a
discussion with the company that manages the company's web servers.  They
couldn't see a way of adding the PHP "is installed" bits to the
etc/..../vhosts/preview file either, but they don't know BlueOnyx.

So using the "Preview" way of viewing a website still doesn't work if it
used PHP.  Shame.

--
Richard L de S Clauson
Virbius Business, Reading, +44 (0) 844-588-1397 (fax 0870-879-1562)

With Attachment: <none>