[BlueOnyx:13790] BlueOnyx Server setup: System-Settings-page

gen at ercuk.com gen at ercuk.com
Thu Oct 3 11:02:42 -05 2013

BlueOnyx Server set-up: System-Settings-page.

Originally, when I set-up the BlueQuart Server:
Its first set-up page: System Settings
...enabled me to enter:

1: Network-Settings.
 which I left at default, as, Host: localhost  /  Domain: localdomain

2: Add-Virtual-Site-Settings.
 where I entered, Host: www  /  Domain: MyServersMainWebsite.com

3: Primary-Interface-Settings, ie my: IP Address + IP Network Mask

4: Administrator-Settings, ie: has a fixed User-Name of admin + I added my password.

etc.

The above settings resulted in the first Virtual-Website (eg: MyServersMainWebsite.com)
 being listed in, & accessible from, the Virtual-Site-List.

---

However: When I set-up the BlueOnyx Server, I followed your set-up video:
And I set-up its first set-up page 'System Settings' as follows:

In Network-Settings: I entered my servers 'main website' host & domain, as,
 Host: www  /  Domain: MyServersMainWebsite.com

(Q: Or must Host be something other than www ? (ie: Server1)

However:
Now my first Virtual-Website (eg: MyServersMainWebsite.com)
IS NOT listed in its Virtual-Site-List, and so this website does not appear to exist.

...I guess: primarily because the BO-System-Settings page, does not have settings for...
2: Add-Virtual-Site-Settings.
3: Primary-Interface-Settings.

And if I later attempt to create this website (eg: MyServersMainWebsite.com)
by clicking the Virtual-Site-Lists [Add] button: then it won't let me, as I get this error message;

'This specified host name and domain name combination, 'www.MyServersMainWebsite.com' is in use by the system.'

SO:

Q: What should I enter in BO's 'System-Settings' page, for Network-Settings ?

Q: And how/where do I create the main website (eg: MyServersMainWebsite.com) if its not already been created via the 'System Settings' page ?

Thanks