[BlueOnyx:13797] network card problem

wcstaff at webcoast.com wcstaff at webcoast.com
Thu Oct 3 18:52:02 -05 2013

I'm having this problem on my server. I have 4 static ip addresses and want
to use them all on the same server.
I started out initially with 2 NICs installed and configured the new server
exactly like the old server.
The system is working perfect at that time.
I then installed the other 2 NICS. I configured them properly with all the
correct information (ip address, gateway, dns servers, etc).
I reboot the box, everything comes up fine. I haven't changed or added
anything under the GUI for the new cards. All websites come up fine. I can
reach the server on all4 ip addresses via the web. It brings me to the login
console. However, I no longer see any incoming or outgoing mail, from no
matter where I check. I have verified the mail system is working correctly
for send and receive and I can send and receive from one email on the server
to another on the server. But all outside email is never received and all
emails I try to send to 3rd parties never bounce back but never gets
delivered.

As soon as I remove the 2 NICS, everything goes back to normal. I have
repeated this with only adding 1 extra card and ip as well for a total of 3.
It seems to block the incoming and outgoing mail.
Thanks in advance.
Tom