[BlueOnyx:13808] Re: 5108R yum Update Error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Oct 5 09:35:45 -05 2013

Hi all,

> Meh. Yeah, it's broken again. Ok, let me get busy there.

Oh yeah. Here we go. Last night I deleted a few old VPS's to free up
space on the master node with the least available diskspace. Thought
they all weren't being used anymore. However, one of them contained the
old BlueOnyx YUM repository before we switched to the Nginx + Varnish
setup.

Now there was a small catch: That VPS was still being used by the
mirrors, as it contains the MySQL database to which the YUM update
counts are logged. The Varnish cache frontends on the two
updates.blueonyx.it VPS's both check if the MySQL database is present
and responding. :p

With the VPS's being gone that - of course - ain't gonna happen.

I also had deleted the local backup of it (Yay, another 14GB of free
space!) but the remote backup is still there.

I just restored it and the mirrors are now working again.

Nice way of creating a mess <sigh>.