[BlueOnyx:13853] phantom ip addresses, NICs and MAC addresses

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Tue Oct 15 21:14:32 -05 2013

I think I may have found my problem, regarding phantom ip addresses, NICs
and MAC addresses, but I don't know how to safely correct it.

>From the console I performed the following:

[root at ns]# cd /usr/sausalito/codb/objects

[root at ns objects]# grep -r 96.xxx.xxx * |more

I wrote down all the numbered Dirs that showed the wrong reported IP
address. As I checked each file in the Dirs for the IPs, I also found files
with the phantom NIC and MAC address.

I'm afraid to delete them or modify them for fear of causing damage to the
system.

Is there a way to correct these?

In my quest of searching I read a post from 2009 by Michael S, explaining
how to repair this error.

Thanks

Tom