[BlueOnyx:13884] cmuImport change request

Tobias Gablunsky t.gablunsky at cbxnet.de
Fri Oct 18 02:54:06 -05 2013

Hello,

I do use cmuImport/cmuExport quite regular to move sites from older servers to newer ones and really appreciate their existence!
But as I move more sites to the same server it takes longer and longer before the sites are available on the new machine.

The reason is the script that is called lastly by cmuImport. I think it is /usr/sausalito/sbin/fix_user_UID_and_GID.pl. This script does its job: everything works as expected BUT it always runs for each an every user on the system.
Isn't it possible to change the way it works to just work on every user belonging to the newly imported site?

Customers do really like shorter downtimes..

--
Kind regards,

Tobias Gablunsky