[BlueOnyx:13929] Followup: Re: Re: SOLVED: Re: Re: phantom ip addresses, NICs and MAC addresses

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Sun Oct 27 08:30:30 -05 2013

Tom <wcstaff at ...> writes:

> I'm still working on trying to fix the GUI malfunctions.

> I'm very close to solving it. But I have one area that is still reporting

> falsehoods.

> Under System Settings-TCP/IP-Interface Aliases, it shows 5 blank alias

> entries. If I try to delete them I get an error that object 692, 693,

> 694, 711 and 712 is unknown. If I try to edit them I get the same unknown

> error.

> So I go to /usr/sausalito/codb/objects and find that 692, 693, 694, 711

> and 712 are missing. I'm trying to find what object or objects they are

> linked to, so I can make corrections.

> When I run the above mentioned script .codb-fixit, that I created from

> Michael's instructions, it reports both lines exact with no errors.

> Does anyone know the possible link or links to the missing objects?

> Thanks in advance

> Tom

I wanted to post this, in case someone was having a similar problem:

After thinking about this for a while, I decided to do some testing. I am
not able to remove the phantom alias entries in the GUI, under System
Settings-TCP/IP-Interface Aliases. Each, of the 5 phantom entries, report a
missing directory 692, 693, 694, 711 and 712. So I wrote them down. I was
able to create a new Alias, in the GUI. From the console, I logged into
server and su - root. I checked in /usr/sausalito/codb/objects, and it
created directory 332. I then copied the 332 dir and created the missing
692, 693, 694, 711, 712. Now they are no longer missing, but have incorrect
file information. I then edited the .device file in each directory,
starting with 692, and changed the eth1:0 entry to eth1:1, eth1:2, eth1:3,
eth1:4 and eth1:5. I went back to the System Settings-TCP/IP-Interface
Aliases, in the GUI. It now shows 6 correct alias entries. I removed the 5
unwanted alias entries and now all are correct. Lastly, from the console, I
ran the .codb-fixit script. Before both lines showed 692, 693, 694, 711,
712 existed, but they were actually missing. Now both lines display
correctly.

Thank you for all the help with some of my bizarre problems:)

Tom