[BlueOnyx:13935] Re: vsite pages removed (5107)

wcstaff at webcoast.com wcstaff at webcoast.com
Mon Oct 28 09:32:01 -05 2013

[mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it] On
> Behalf Of Michael Stauber
> Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 9:21 AM
> To: BlueOnyx General Mailing List
> Subject: [BlueOnyx:13933] Re: vsite pages removed (5107)
>
> Hi Steffan, hi Tjerk,
>
> > Confirming this issue on 5106 !
>
> Now that is the weirdest thing. Offhand I can't imagine how that is
> possible. But I'll check it out and will see what I can find.
>
> --
> With best regards
>
> Michael Stauber
After reading this I decided to experiment. I have a vsite set up with only
the standard domain.com alias. In the GUI I added another domain name alias,
saved the changes. No errors. /web still has all the files.
I then created a new site with an existing unused domain name. Added the
alias, save the changes. Site created correctly with the standard files in
/web.
I'm far from being an expert, but I'm going to guess you either have
corrupted or incorrect information in your /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site#
file for that particular site. I have experienced problems where I create a
website. I add 2 or more aliases. The website is not available using the
alias domain. I check the /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site# file and it is
missing the "ServerAlias" line, directly under "ServerName" and the
corresponding "RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}" lines, in the site# file.
I'm thinking maybe the 2 errors are tied together somehow?
I hope this helps.
Tom