[BlueOnyx:13706] Re: New Google Abuse

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Sep 18 12:48:32 -05 2013

On 9/18/2013 12:23 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
>> Here is a small sample of Google Scan
>> Google IP's http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-8-35-192-0-1/pft
>> 8.35.192.0/21
>> nslookup 8.35.196.123
>> 123.196.35.8.in-addr.arpa       name =
>> 123.196.35.8.bc.googleusercontent.com.
>
> Yeah, the Google cloud services:
>
> *** The IP addresses under this Org-ID are in use by Google Cloud
> customers ***
>
> Please direct all abuse and legal complaints regarding these addresses
> to the GC Abuse desk (google-cloud-compliance at google.com).  Complaints
> sent to any other POC will be ignored.
>
> Ref:            http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/GOOGL-2
>
> Clouds are getting more and more common for this kind of abuse.

Sure... because any jerk with a credit card can set up an account.
It's not like an order comes in and then somebody vets the customer as
being legit.   Over here, if we get an "off the 'net" order we'll
typically do a little research before delivering service to make sure we
eliminate a problem before it happens.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services