[BlueOnyx:13719] Re: Exclude a DB from raqbackup

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 09:43:13 -05 2013

Jeff Wrote:
> You might be able to fit the trick mentioned in this link into the
function dumpmysql ():

http://kaslnetwork.com/articles/how-to-exclude-specific-databases-from-an-al
l-databases-mysql-dump/

Thanks for that link.

I adapted it as follows:
MYSQL=$(mysql -N -u$MYSQLUSER -p$MYSQLPASS -hlocalhost <<<"SHOW DATABASES" |
grep -v av-spam5 | grep -v information_schema | grep -v test | tr "\n" " ")

I let it backup the database "mysql" since that has permissions (correct?).
I then added it above the mysqldump in raqbackup and modified the mysqldump
line as follows.

$MYSQLDUMP --databases --add-locks -Q -f -u $MYSQLUSER -p$MYSQLPASS ${MYSQL}
1> $WORKDIR/data/$SOURCE.mysqldump.sql 2> $WORKDIR/logs/errors-mysqldump.log

That should work. I will find out tonight :-)

M Aronoff Out