[BlueOnyx:15063] Re: php-pecl-apc.x86_64

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Apr 2 13:24:08 -05 2014

Hi RC,

> Question I have a customer that install php-pecl-apc.x86_64
> when I access the apc.php file I get this:
> No cache info available. APC does not appear to be running.
>
> How do I turn it on?
>
> Solarspeed PHP Version 5.3.28
>
> The apc.ini is located in /etc/php.d/apc.ini
> or should it be in this one /home/solarspeed/php/etc/php.d/

If you have the Solarspeed PHP installed, then installing php-pecl-apc
has no effect. After all, you're using the Solarspeed PHP and the APC
RPM you installed is for the regular PHP that only AdmServ continues to use.

If you want to use the APC cache with a third party PHP, you need a
version that works with the third party PHP. And the Solarspeed PHP
doesn't have APC support.