[BlueOnyx:15114] Re: DegradedArray event on /dev/md0

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Apr 7 08:12:53 -05 2014

On 4/7/2014 7:50 AM, RC Barker wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Personalities : [raid1]
> md0 : active raid1 sdb1[1]
>         256896 blocks [2/1] [_U]
> md1 : active raid1 sdb2[1]
>         243938880 blocks [2/1] [_U]
> unused devices: <none>
>
> Good drive is sdb so instead of this:
>
> sfdisk -d /dev/sda | sfdisk /dev/sdb
>
> I would do this:
> sfdisk -d /dev/sdb | sfdisk /dev/sda

Yes, that looks right to me.  That will duplicate the partitioning from
the disk before the pipe (| character) to the disk after the pipe.
It's easiest to do it that way since the partitioning scheme that is
used by BlueOnyx is not easily duplicated by using fdisk manually.

I also like Chuck's input on ensuring you have a good backup.  That's
good advice no matter what the situation, but especially when you're
working with potentially destructive disk operations.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services