[BlueOnyx:15126] Re: OpenSSL (CenOS-6.5/SL-6.5) CVE-2014-0160

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Apr 8 09:47:36 -05 2014

On 4/8/2014 9:36 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
>> # yum clean all
>> # yum update
>> # service httpd restart
>> # service admserv restart
>
> service dovecot restart
> servixe xinetd restart
> service sendmail restart
>
> Pretty much everything that uses OpenSSL needs to be restarted.
>
> It's probably better to do a reboot. Saves a bit of typing.

While I'm not arguing, some of us really have an aversion to rebooting
production systems.   Therefore, I think the following can be cut &
pasted into a shell and achieve adequate results:

yum clean all
yum -y update
service httpd restart
service admserv restart
service sendmail restart
service dovecot restart

That should take care of everything, right?   Maybe the service restarts
can be added into our own yum repo for 5107/5108R so that even those of
us who are not very active on the list, but have the automatic updates
enabled, should get the benefit in the next day or so.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services