[BlueOnyx:15181] Re: Routing problems in BlueOnyx

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Apr 13 15:34:29 -05 2014

Hi Chuck,

> Does anyone know why virtual sites are not automatically created with a netmask
> of 255.255.255.255?

That's a good point. Probably because it's been that way since the first
RaQ's and Qube's.

But it is a good question: Do we need to continue things this way? Or
does anything speak against setting up extra IP's (beyond the primary
one for each ethX) with the mask of 255.255.255.255 instead?

It's trivial to change in the network handlers. But I don't want to
break functionality in case anyone has good reasons why we should keep
it as it is now.

Thoughts and insights on this are more than welcome.