[BlueOnyx:15185] Re: Mail not being received on 5108R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Apr 14 12:53:24 -05 2014

Hi Adam,

> This occurred out of the blue - server load and disk space are fine.
> It does take a rather long amount of time to log into SSH -- perhaps this is
> related.
> Once I'm in, it's fast, and "su -" logs me in as root in the normal, quick
> time.

That could be a DNS issue. On the command line run "nslookup google.com"
and see how long it takes.

If it takes multiple seconds, check your /etc/resolve.conf. Could be
that the first nameserver listed there is not responding rapidly enough
and the check then carries on down the list of specified nameserver
until one replies back.

If you send me the login details offlist I can take a look.