[BlueOnyx:15238] Dfix/Dfix2

Will Nordmeyer, WnA Consulting Services will at wnahosting.com
Mon Apr 21 14:01:28 -05 2014

On my server, it seems that one mistake entering the admin password
(and maybe site admin passwords) blocks the offending IP. Since I have a
rather complex admin password, I'd like to tweak dfix/dfix2 to give me a
slightly wider allowance.

I've reviewed dfix2.sh but that just has a
start/stop process - the start process makes sure the iptables lists
exist, and sets up a list of trusted IPs from the ifconfig & resolv.conf
file.

dfix.sh appears to do all the work but I haven't managed to
track exactly where the limit for bad password is set.

I'd also like
to improve the logging so that when it blocks an IP, it gives the reason
behind it.

Will