[BlueOnyx:15241] Re: Server Load

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Apr 22 10:10:56 -05 2014

On 4/22/2014 9:58 AM, Richard Sidlin wrote:
> Bit of advice please. We have a 5108R on 4 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5320
> @ 1.86GHz and 10GB of RAM. We run one site on it that the client
> believes is going to become very busy. They are sending a mailshot (not
> through us) to 7500 potential clients followed by the same every 2 weeks.
>
> Is there a limit to the amount of connections the server can handle
> before it refuses to accept more? The client is a bit concerned that the
> server is up to it and won’t crash once it is hit with a lot of people
> browsing to it.

That honestly doesn't sound like a lot of work to me.   We have
customers on equipment with far lower spec than that run a fairly
consistent 10Mbps+ of traffic.

Perhaps you'll want to increase your Apache's MaxClients, but... maybe
I'm misunderstanding here but this doesn't sound like much to be
concerned with.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services