[BlueOnyx:15268] Re: Call trace on 5106R boot

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Apr 24 13:02:03 -05 2014

On 4/24/2014 12:40 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> BlueOnyx 5106R on ESXi?

Nope, 5106R on a Dell server.  "Bare metal".

> I did a quick Google search and turned up this:
>
> http://serverfault.com/questions/477652/how-to-solve-call-trace-produced-by-security-ops-task-setrlimit-with-bind/477654#477654
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhelv5-list/2013-January/msg00009.html
>
> If you got a subscription to RHEN, someone asked the question there as well:
>
> https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/290593
>
> But any answer to it (if there is any) is behind the paywall.
>
> All in all that message itself seems to be harmless and can be ignored.
> The box still ought to come up.

That's all similar to what I found as well, though in our case the box
was actually hanging.  Turns out it was hanging on process starts that
required network, and there was an underlying network problem.

The traceback was a red herring.  Just another day....

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services