[BlueOnyx:15271] Re: AOL and DKIM, SPF & Re: SSL change after updates?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Apr 24 14:08:30 -05 2014

Hi Matt,

> That sounds great!  Can't wait to try it out.  Thanks!

Very well. I've spent most of yesterday and today working on the
wildcard support. I just got it to the point where it's working
reliably. At least from what I can tell based on limited testing.

The required changes were a bit more extensive than I had hoped for, as
the testing for wildcard support immediately turned up a couple of
problems with the Auto-DNS feature. If enabled, it automatically creates
DNS records for the FQDN, all web- and email server aliases.

I never use this feature myself, so I was literally spitting my coffee
all over the screen when it created CNAME records for the aliases.
Didn't we always preach to users not to do CNAME records? And then the
bloody Auto-DNS feature does it for them. Yikes! \o/

So that took a few hours alone just to rip out the CNAME creation and to
switch it to A-Records instead.

I just submitted the changes to the 520XR SVN and like said, I'm not
sure if and when that will be backported to 5106R. As for 5107R/5108R:
Once 5207R/5208R has had it's shakedown cruise and we're sufficiently
happy with the state of things, we'll ask people to upgrade anyway.

FWIW: Here is the changelog of the modifications:

http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset?new=1430%40%2F&old=1423%40%2F