[BlueOnyx:15277] Re: reseller admin question

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 25 10:53:44 -05 2014

Hi Tobias,

> I need one with the right of "Virtual Site Management". But it must not be possible to enable shell accounts - is this configuration possible?

It will be possible in the new GUI. In the old GUI I won't bother as
it's too complex.

It will involve allowing/denying users with "Virtual Site Management"
certain features.

Once a reseller has "Virtual Site Management", another tab will appear
and there you can select/deselect available features. It'll be possible
to disallow "regular" PHP in favor of suPHP and vice versa. You can also
allow/disallow other things such as Shell access and AnonFTP and a
couple of other things.

If a Reseller has a Vsite and needs something that's not allowed to him,
then the server owner can either grant the feature for him, or can
activate it on the Vsite or account in question for him. But the
Reseller will not be able to modify settings for features that he hasn't
rights to.

This is a bit overdue and with the reseller feature around we really
need to be able to disallow things like Shell-access and AnonFTP <shudder>.