[BlueOnyx:15299] Re: 5106R no function "Set from Browser Option"

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Apr 29 12:21:35 -05 2014

Hi Eiji,

> The  "Set from Browser Option"  seems missing in 5108R.
> It  looks to  the specific problem of the 5106R.
>
> How Users and SiteAdmins  the correct display smoothly?
> The only way to fix it  is  their self-maintenance on broken pages?
>
> See : :
> http://www.hypersys.ne.jp/pub/BlueOnyx_Images/Set_from_Browser_Option.jpg

The "<Set from browser>" Option only shows for all users. But for user
"admin" it will never show.

For all languages (but Japanese) it will look like this:

<Set from browser>
Danish (Denmark)
Dutch (Netherlands)
English (United States)
French (France)
German (Germany)
Italian (Italy)
Japanese (Japan)
Portuguese (Portugal)
Spanish (Spain)

However: In Japanese I cannot do that anymore. This is a limitation of
the old GUI. The PHP class that assembles this pulldown menu cannot join
several UTF-8 strings with Kanji in it into a single string. I'm not
sure why, but it simply doesn't work and will produce an empty string.

So for Japanese that pulldown now looks like this:

browser
da_DK
nl_NL
en_US
fr_FR
de_DE
it_IT
ja_JP
pt_PT
es_ES

The functionality is the same. If someone wants to set the GUI to
Japanese, he just has to select "ja_JP" and save the changes. Or he can
leave it at "browser" and it will auto-detect the language.