[BlueOnyx:15745] migrate a domain from one VPS to another

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Fri Aug 8 07:51:06 -05 2014

hello

I want to move a domain, its site and user accounts from the actual VPS to another one under the same masternode.

The migration utility /usr/sbin/vzmigrate seems to work only for entire VPSes. Besides adapting the DNS to the new IP, I presume I can't just move the /home/sites/www.domain.tld directory to the new VPS because the CCE will moan; besides, there is this odd hidden sites numbering like ../.sites/132/site21/

Anyone has an idea how to achieve this without going the hard way by creating the same site and user accounts on the new VPS and then carefully copying the data?

Thank you and best regards

Meaulnes Legler
~ http://www.WaveWeb.ch ~
~  Zurich, Switzerland  ~