[BlueOnyx:15747] Re: migrate a domain from one VPS to another

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Aug 8 08:15:25 -05 2014

On 8/8/2014 7:51 AM, Meaulnes Legler @ MailList wrote:
> hello
>
> I want to move a domain, its site and user accounts from the actual VPS to another one under the same masternode.
>
> The migration utility /usr/sbin/vzmigrate seems to work only for entire VPSes. Besides adapting the DNS to the new IP, I presume I can't just move the /home/sites/www.domain.tld directory to the new VPS because the CCE will moan; besides, there is this odd hidden sites numbering like ../.sites/132/site21/
>
> Anyone has an idea how to achieve this without going the hard way by creating the same site and user accounts on the new VPS and then carefully copying the data?

Yes, that's a job for CMU tools.

On the outgoing system:
# cmuExport -n HOST.DOMAIN.TLD

That will export the site to /home/cmu/SERVERNAME/.   Take all of those
files and transfer them to the new system using SCP, FTP, etc.

If you put those files in the "/home/import" directory, then you will
use a command like this:
# cmuImport -d /home/import

I would encourage you to spend a little time reading up on CMU and how
it works so you become familiar.   But once you are comfortable, that
will be a good thing because CMU has been an integral part of managing
BlueOnyx / BlueQuartz / Cobalt servers for a very, very long time.
Although it's a bit long in the tooth these days, I would imagine we'll
have CMU to kick around for some time.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services