[BlueOnyx:16645] Re: Yum update? FTP not accepting connections - 5106R

Colin Jack colin at mainline.uk
Tue Dec 9 04:08:03 -05 2014

Hi Rickard

> Hi Colin,
>
> take a look at /etc/xinetd.d/proftpd, if it's empty copy/move the
> proftpd.rpmsave in the same directory to the original file and reload xinetd.
>
> I had this on a server a couple of days ago.

I looked in there first and proftpd looked okay (same as on other servers):

{
        socket_type             = stream
        flags                   = REUSE
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.proftpd
        server_args             = -c /etc/proftpd.conf
        log_on_success          += DURATION
        log_on_failure          += USERID
        nice                    = 10
        disable                 = no