[BlueOnyx:16664] Re: Yum update error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Dec 10 14:02:16 -05 2014

Hi Gustavo,

> Ive been delaying the Poodle update on one server and im getting the
> following error when I try to yum update: (also tried yum groupinstall
> blueonyx but it stops in the same error)
>
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Package: 1:dovecot-pigeonhole-2.0.9-7.el6_5.1.x86_64 (@sl-security)
>            Requires: libdovecot-sieve.so.0()(64bit)
>            Removing: 1:dovecot-2.0.9-7.el6_5.1.x86_64 (@sl-security)
>                libdovecot-sieve.so.0()(64bit)
> *           Updated By: 2:dovecot-2.2.15-1BX04.el6.x86_64 (BlueOnyx)*
> *               Not found*
>  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
>  You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

You got some dovecot related RPMs installed which usually are not installed.

Please check which:

rpm -qa|grep dovecot

Then remove everything but the basic "dovecot" RPM with "rpm -e --nodeps
Name-of-RPM"

Or you can run this:

rpm -qa|grep dovecot|xargs rpm -e --nodeps

... followed by ...

yum install dovecot

Which will remove anything Dovecot related and will fetch the latest one
from YUM.