[BlueOnyx:16692] Re: ClamAV error after restarte 5106R server

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 11 13:19:28 -05 2014

Hi Eiji,

> The problem have happened after each time restart in my all 5106R.
> No one can send emails after restart.

Please upgrade to the AV-SPAM v6.0.0. That problem is solved there.

> Also the WARNING still remain as follow. But yum is latest.
>
>  >>> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
>  >>> WARNING: Local version: 0.98.4 Recommended version: 0.98.5
>  >>> Please run YUM update to upgrade Clam AV.

The latest Clam AV 0.98.5 is available via NewLinQ and can be fetched
from there.

You might have missed the announcement from a two months ago:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=175&cntnt01returnid=54

This is the part that you might have missed:

Updates & Support:

SpamAssassin and Clam AV both use automated updates to download new
SpamAssassin rules and virus definitions. With the AV-SPAM v6 launch
updated Clam AV virus scanners and updates to the AV-SPAM itself are
delivered via NewLinQ instead of YUM. Support for the (older) AV-SPAM v5
ends on 30th November 2014. So if you have the old AV-SPAM v5 installed,
then please upgrade to the new AV-SPAM v6 to continue to receive updates.