[BlueOnyx:16696] Re: Wordpress Install for Newbie

Jon Heilman jon at fire-house.net
Thu Dec 11 16:00:00 -05 2014

Thanks everyone. I will try the recommendations. I don't think I'm explaining myself very well.

I have installed Wordpress on my personal website in the past with no issue. Downloaded and ftp-ed it where I wanted it. I was told BlueOnyx is a different animal and was pointed to a BlueOnyx Wordpress installer that I purchased and used. Wordpress is installed on the server, but completely outside our virtual (correct term?) website folder. Where it is residing is a seemingly restricted area for browsers. I have tried pointing an html page to the Wordpress directory and it failed. Tried the redirect suggested by someone else upstream, also failed. Does Wordpress NEED to exist in the directory it has been installed in, or can I simply ftp in and move it where I want it as a subdirectory of our site?

Was in meetings, so I haven't read through all responses yet.

--
Jon Heilman | Marketing Director
Phone: 317-236-1747 | Toll Free: 800-382-9179