[BlueOnyx:16712] Re: Bug in R5208R - fixed!

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 18 22:36:13 -05 2014

Hi all,

> So I'll do this: I'll backport CCE from 5209R to 5207R/5208R and once
> that's done I'll publish it together with the updated base-vsite and
> base-user modules that fix the bug you reported.
>
> Hence the fixes won't be published right away, but once the updated CCEd
> is ready.

Ok, I just confirmed that the 5209R CCE both compiles fine and works
fine on 5207R and 5208R. So I just went ahead and published the fixes.

HOWEVER: Due to the way YUM installs the RPMs in this set of updates
(base-user, base-vsite, sausalito-cce) you will see this "error" in the
output of the yum update:

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.SdaOlr: Line 3: /usr/sausalito/sbin/cced.init: File or
directory not found

Do NOT worry. It's fine and fully expected this time around.

Our new CCEd is ready for InitV, Upstart and Systemd. Sadly, the
"experts" who developed Systemd constantly add new features to Systemd
without even covering the most basic functionality first.

Systemd only allows a small subset of parameters that can be passed to
services. Such as "stop", "start", "restart" and very few others.

Things like "condrestart" or "rehash"? Not supported and won't be added.
Which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. But with that I'm just barking
up the tree. \o/

Hence I copied our old "cced.init" InitV-script from
/etc/init.d/cced.init over to /usr/sausalito/sbin/cced.init as well. All
GUI RPMs that need CCEd to be restarted or rehash'ed look for that
command now in the new location.

And just this once (until YUM has updated CCEd as well) the call to
rehash cced.init fails, as the new script isn't there yet.

But like said: It's not critical and can be ignored.