[BlueOnyx:16751] Re: Serious Problems with the GUI

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Dec 23 19:15:35 -05 2014

Hi Hannes,

> The command chown root:admserv /usr/sausalito/bin/ccewrap solved my
> problem with the connection to the MySQL Server. Not everything works
> fine, but I don’t have any data in my logfiles.

Yeah, that was a move in the right direction:

chown root:admserv /usr/sausalito/bin/ccewrap

What was missing was this:

chmod 4750 /usr/sausalito/bin/ccewrap

That binary is provided by the RPM "sausalito-cce-client" and is used to
allow the GUI to run a very limited subset of commands with elevated
privileges via two very much locked down mechanisms.

For that to work the ownerships and permissions must be right, or
certain parts of the GUI that use one or the other of these two locked
down functions won't produce the desired results.