[BlueOnyx:16754] mysql root user permissions problem

Don Teague blueonyx at donteague.com
Fri Dec 26 00:59:03 -05 2014

I'm having an odd problem (at least for me) and don't know where to find
the solution.

 From the command line I can log into the mysql.

mysql -uroot -p[Password_here]
Your MySQL connection id is 5726
Server version: 5.1.73 Source distribution

That's the same password I have in use in the GUI. The GUI says that
connections are possible with these settings. However when I try to make
changes, I get access denied errors. Here I created a test user and
attempted to give it full access. As you can see I got the error.

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'test'@'localhost'WITH GRANT
OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0
MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0;
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

Don Teague
donteague.com