[BlueOnyx:16777] Re: Using a directory besides /home

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Dec 29 16:37:33 -05 2014

On 12/29/2014 2:36 PM, Dudi Goldenberg wrote:
> Much simpler would be to mount the new drive on /home

Agreed.  There's just too much to account for to choose a new directory,
so why not just mount the new disk as /home?   The procedure would be
something to this effect:

1. Boot the system into single-user.
2. Mount the drive as whatever you like temporarily (ie: /newdisk).
3. mv /home/* /newdisk/
4. Edit your fstab file so that /home now points to the new disk
(/dev/sdc1 or whatever)
5. Reboot

The above is from memory and I haven't really pulled this from any
specific documentation.  But I've done this before on systems where I
did not properly plan ahead and bought myself out of a jam.  It's worked!
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services