[BlueOnyx:14407] New YUM updates available

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 6 12:16:36 -05 2014

Hi all,

To cope with the flurry of fixes required to address the issues that
arose during last nights update, I'll be publishing YUM updates
throughout the day. I'll post here when that was done and what it fixes.

Round #1:
==========

base-squirrelmail (5106R only):
-------------------------------

a.) Fixes the UID/GID of config files to address outstanding issues
b.) Removes squirrelmail.conf from the public Apache.

Afterwards Squirrelmail can only be used via the Backend or by using
http://<ip>:444/webmail or https://<ip>:81/webmail

This change was somewhat overdue. Because on 5106R many people choose to
install third party PHP-5.3, 5.4 or 5.5 updates. With which Squirrelmail
won't work anyway.

So it's better to keep it on the AdmServ backend, where the version of
PHP will always be one that Squirrelmail still works with.

base-ftp (All):

On servers with more than one IP address the recent additions to the
<VirtualHost>-containers in /etc/proftpd.conf cause problems. It works
fine on boxes with one IP, though.

To address this an updated set of base-ftp RPMs has been released, which
(yet again) modifies /etc/proftpd.conf to remove the problematic lines.