[BlueOnyx:14419] Re: mirror list error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 6 14:19:53 -05 2014

Hi RC,

> Could not retrieve mirrorlist
> http://updates.blueonyx.it/mirror.php?release=6.5&arch=x86_64 error was
> 14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 503 Service
> Unavailable"
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> BlueOnyx. Please verify its path and try again

Yes. Mr. Murphy (and his laws) are having a field day today.

One of the Aventurin{e}'s that host a part of the main YUM repository
just went belly-up with a dead RAID array. It didn't just toast one
disk, but also corrupted the file system for /vz in a way that it most
likely cannot be recovered. So I have 13 VPS's down at the moment. Which
includes one part of updates.blueonyx.it, half my DNS servers, some
devel boxes and some production VPS's.

I'm in contact with Chris to see what we can salvage. I do have full
backups of everything from 11 hours ago, but it will take a few hours to
restore around 300 gigs of data.