[BlueOnyx:14450] Re: Error Adding New Users - Could not open crack dictionary - FIXED

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Feb 7 01:40:23 -05 2014

Hi Michael,

> Until this is out is this a permission issue we can fix manually?

Ok, I finally found the issue. It was our PHP library crack.so.

The RPM sausalito-i18n brings it aboard.

Now there is a really stupid bug in the cracklib sources that has
existed since 2006 (see: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=57463) and
affects x86_64 builds.

Last time around I built sausalito-i18n for 5108R I fixed this manually
and forgot to do a "proper" fix or even note it down somewhere. So on
the next SVN update that fix got wiped from the build box.

I just committed a proper fix to SVN:

http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset/1288/

And an updated sausalito-i18n RPM for 5108R has just been published to YUM.

PLEASE NOTE: You might have to restart AdmServ manually for the fix to
take effect:

/sbin/service admserv restart