[BlueOnyx:14481] Squirrelmail error on 5106

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Fri Feb 7 15:16:34 -05 2014

I see a lot of messages posted regarding errors possibly due to some
updates. Today we started getting errors with the Squirrelmail on a 5106
server...

*Warning*: require_once(../config/config.php) [function.require-once
<http://mail.canterburytower.org/webmail/src/function.require-once>]:
failed to open stream: Permission denied
in*/usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/global.php*on line*105*

I tried chown 755 on the config.php file in the /etc/squirrelmail folder
and it then loaded the login page. But after logging in, now another
error...

Error opening ../data/default_pref
Default preference file not found or not readable!
Please contact your system administrator and report this error.

I decided to check here, is this related to some updates?

Thanks
--
Robert

--