[BlueOnyx:14675] Re: After YUM Update

lewisg lewisg at iglou.com
Mon Feb 17 11:51:43 -05 2014

I hope you guys don't consider this a thread hijack but some of the
problems I'm experiencing seem related to the YUM update of Feb 12.

On a bunch of our client's PCs (XP and W7) we have Thunderbird installed
(v2-v24). Many of these are configured in Thunderbird to use STARTTLS
for POP. These machines quit receiving email on Feb 14th with the status
line message in Thunderbird saying "Connecting to servername" staying up
forever. If we change Thunderbird Server Settings, Security Settings,
Connection security from STARTTLS to None email pours in.

/var/log/maillog shows this:
dovecot: pop3-login: socketpair() failed: Too many open files
dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected: TLS initialization failed. (no auth
attempts): rip=xx.xx.59.66, lip=xx.xx.6.130

So I guess the question is should we tell our clients to change
Thunderbird Security Settings to None so they can get email OR is there
a better option?