[BlueOnyx:14726] Re: Change number of vsites listed on in Site Management

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Feb 21 12:25:09 -05 2014

Hi Michael,

> I have asked for this before but it has not happened.

Yeah, it would have to be done on every page where the function
getScrollList() is used.

But it's fixed in the new GUI. There we have an entirely new
getScrollList() function that uses DataTables. Pagination happens
automatically, it updates without page reload on sorting/searching or on
changing how many entries you want to display. If there are more than 25
results to display, it shows buttons that allow you to reconfigure it to
show 50, 75, 100 (...) results per page.

> A modern server on broadband can easily handle showing
> many more sites, users or whatever at once.

Yeah, that was their original intention. It actually only pulled those
25 results from CODB and showed just these 25 results in the generated
HTML page. Which resulted in faster load times on slow connections.

With the new function that uses DataTables the page actually contains
all results, but the scripts show only the desired results. Which
creates a bigger pages. Which isn't that noticeable these days anyway.