[BlueOnyx:14764] Re: Mailwatch

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Feb 26 14:08:48 -05 2014

Hi Felix,

> We migrated from BlueQuartz to BO 5108R and miss Mailwatch.
> How do we find out if AV-Spam is stopping legitimate emails?
> Users are complaining.

By default the AV-SPAM only blocks SPAM that scores higher than 10
points. In that case the respective email will be rejected at the MTA
level. Which means the sender will be informed by his own mailserver
that your mailserver rejected accepting the email because of SPAM.

Even this behavior can be turned off in the AV-SPAM settings.

Other than that the AV-SPAM doesn't block any emails by default. Instead
it marks mails as SPAM and passes them on to the end users mailbox.

Each end user can individually change that behavior:

- Disable filtering
- Move SPAM to the folder "caughtspam"
- Delete detected SPAM.

So unless your "legitimate" emails had a SPAM score of 10 or higher
(which takes quite a bit to achieve) you're fine. And you can change
that behavior via the GUI anyway.