[BlueOnyx:14798] Re: lots of spam

wcstaff at webcoast.com wcstaff at webcoast.com
Fri Feb 28 09:32:14 -05 2014

> > tried
> >>>

> >> Check the sendmail.cf to make sure the blacklist is there.
> >> e.g.
> >> cat /etc/mail/sendmail.cf | grep spamhaus
> >>

> >> Ken Marcus
> >
> Not sure if its related but for some reason 2 of my machines who had
> custom sendmail.mc changes had their sendmail.mc file emptied out (on
> one machine) and reverted to default (on another machine), after the
> last big update.
>
> No big deal because i always make backups of final .conf files.. SO
> thats my heads up!
>
> Cheers
> Gustavo

Thanks, I'll look and see if that happened to me as well. I make backups, as
well, as I am 1 to 2 steps above novice. I've installed Spamassassin and
Clam, and they are running properly. But they don't seem to be set up
correctly, as there is no header info, and test spam messages are not
affected. So I must have something configured wrong. I've searched high and
low for tutorials on setting them up on my configuration, Scientific Linux /
BlueOnyx 5108R.