[BlueOnyx:14204] Re: NewLinQ username

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Fri Jan 3 17:48:06 -05 2014

On 01/03/2014 04:35 PM, Greg Kuhnert wrote:
> Hi Gerald.
>
> On 3 Jan 2014, at 8:59 pm, Gerald Waugh
> <gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
> <mailto:gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com>> wrote:
>
>> Changing a NewLinQ username as I understand it (removing all
>> installed packages is likely to cause problems)
>>
>> If you purchase a server with packages installed in NewLinQ or your
>> server admin you use to maintain the server is no longer available.
>

> The license agreement that is accepted during the order process states:
>
> */Pursuant to this Agreement, you may use the Software on one server
> for each purchased licensed copy of the software. Except as expressly
> set forth in this Agreement, you have no right to use, make,
> sublicense, modify, transfer or copy either the original or any copies
> of the Software or to permit anyone else to do so./ *As stated
> before, Installing packages from two newlinq usernames to one server
> is unsupported.
>
> However, based on your suggestion, Michael and I have agreed to an
> approach that will apply for this type of request in future. If a
> customer wishes to transfer a license under the scenario's proposed
> above, we can arrange a transfer for a fee of $AU20.00 per linkable
> item. All items on an order must be transferred as part of this type
> of request. This transfer will require confirmation in writing from
> the original licensee that (a) They wish to transfer the license(s),
> and (b) confirmation that they have not retained any server backups
> that may contain copies of any licensed material.
>
> I hope this provides clarity that will meet your needs.

The issue I had was where the owner of the server pays someone to
install packages on a server.
Later he decides to pay someone else to install packages on the server.

In one case I have in mind the last person installing packages was
killed in an auto accident and is no longer available.
Seems overly complicated to me.