[BlueOnyx:14219] Re: Blueonyx Control panel is Not adding vsite user email information to virtusertable and access files - User unknown errors (more info)

wcstaff at webcoast.com wcstaff at webcoast.com
Sat Jan 4 12:19:05 -05 2014

> >> What can I do to fix the BO control panel problem? Can add them to the
> >> files and hash and restart sendmail?
> >> or will I loose them anytime I make control panel changes. I need to
get
> >> any new vsite/added users email working.
> >> What other files does this problem affect?
> >>
> > The "Cobalt System Section" doesn't bother me here.
> >
> > Question:  Are the problem users all in the same domain?  Or different
> > domains?
> >
> > Maybe your server provider can have a look?
> Just when adding new domains or adding user email to existing domains.
> Only part of the sendmail info gets in the
> the actual files when comparing them to a working domain. I set up a
> brand new one last night and i get User unknown when testing
> the email from dnsstuff.com.
>
> Jan  3 17:17:24 fs sendmail[5395]: s03NHNwC005395: ruleset=check_rcpt,
> arg1=<postmaster at xxx.com>, relay=[23.249.168.247], reject=550 5.1.1
> <postmaster at xxxx.com>... User unknown
>
> postmaster is a alias for xxx.com.
>
> Thanks Chris.
>
> --
> Thank you
> David Hahn
> ----
I had serious problems with the GUI. Wrong IP addresses, problems with
adding vsites and user and more.
Then I found a post with this solution:

create a shellscript with this code in it and run it:
#!/bin/bash
LAST=-1
MIN=-1
for X in `ls /usr/sausalito/codb/objects/ | sort -n`
do
  MYNEXT=$(( $LAST + 1 ))
  if [ $MYNEXT -eq $X ]
  then
    LAST=$X
  else
    if [ $LAST -ge 1 ]
    then
      if [ $MIN -eq $LAST ]
      then
        echo -n $LAST,
      else
        echo -n $MIN-$LAST,
      fi
    fi
    LAST=$X
    MIN=$X
  fi
done
if [ $MYNEXT -lt $X ]
then
  echo -n $LAST
else
  echo -n $MIN-$LAST
fi
echo ""
echo "/usr/sausalito/codb/codb.oids reports:"
cat /usr/sausalito/codb/codb.oids
echo ""
The script allowed me to compare what CODB thought it was using to what it
actually was using.
I did the following from the console:
/etc/init.d/crond stop
/etc/init.d/cced.init stop

Then I ran the above script

The script gives you 2 lines of objects numbers. The first line is what is
really being used by CODB and the second line is what CODB thinks it is
using.

I then went to /usr/Sausalito/codb and edited the codb.oids file to match
the top correct line of numbers for the objects in the database.

Then:
/etc/init.d/crond start
/etc/init.d/cced.init start

All the extra phantom IP addresses, wrong Mac Addresses, strange entries
in my DNS were all corrected and gone, and vsite and user problems were
fixed.

Not sure if this will work for you, but it may be worth trying.

Tom