[BlueOnyx:14239] Making a single disk install into a RAID1 pair

Neil Watson neil at waterend.net
Wed Jan 8 09:48:03 -05 2014

I did try to inquire about this a while ago but didn't get any

When I installed BO on my machine (5107), I only had one disk to hand (I
thought I had 2, but couldn't find the second one!!) so did an install to
the single disk...

Subsequently I've obtained a second disk of the same type/model and would like
to make the disks into a RAID-1 (mirrored) pair.

What's the best way to do this?

I'd rather not use CMU to backup and restore as there are a number of
bits and bobs installed that will be time-consuming to reinstate
as they aren't backed up by CMU...

Thanks (and Happy New Year!)

Neil
--