[BlueOnyx:14249] Killing Java / Tomcat

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Jan 10 09:46:14 -05 2014

There are some servers where running Tomcat becomes more of a liability
than an asset.  Is there any reason why a "yum remove java" would be
harmful?   I don't see any dependencies that would cause harm elsewhere.

On a related note, we were working with a customer who wanted not to see
any Tomcat processes working on his server.   It was cumbersome to go
through each site in the Virtual Site List, click to Web and see if the
"JSP" box was checked or not.    I wonder if there could be a function
to make global or mass changes in some future release.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services