[BlueOnyx:15507] Re: Yum message

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Jun 5 06:08:12 -05 2014

On 6/5/2014 4:53 AM, Dirk Estenfeld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what should I do if I get on a BO/sl Server the yum message
>
> Resolving Dependencies
> There are unfinished transactions remaining. You might consider running yum-complete-transaction first to finish them.
>
> Can I run yum-complete-transaction or will it breake more than it will fix? Anybody told me some time ago that yum-complete-transaction is evil ;)
> Is there an other way to solve the issue?

Hi Dirk,
It's my experience that yum-complete-transaction will not break
anything.  It won't necessarily fix the problem, either, but it won't
break it.

Give it a go.  I suspect it will fail.   When it fails, check back with
the list because it may be that you have something jammed up in YUM that
we've possibly seen before.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services