[BlueOnyx:15532] Re: Problem with server clock intermittenly changing

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jun 10 23:52:57 -05 2014

Hi Chuck,

> I already have a cron that sets the time via ntpdate once a hour.  But I wasn't
> pushing that down to the "hardware".  Mainly because this one is a VM, and I've
> noticed timing issues whether NTPd was running or not.

Depending on the type of virtualization it could also be that the
problem is with the node itself. That kind of depends how the time of
the node is handed down to the VM's. So if you have any control over the
actual node that provides the virtualization, then check its timezone
and if (and how) it synchronizes its time with an NTP server.