[BlueOnyx:15534] Re: SSL : wildcard cert on two blueonyx websites on same domain

Frank Soyer fsoyer at systea.net
Wed Jun 11 04:43:08 -05 2014

Hi Cédric,
what about setting this manually ? We know that the GUI is not able to
handle that (Michael please please take in consideration that Apache can
serve SSL NameVirtualHosts in the same root domain with wildcard
certificates since some years ! Pleeease !).

Can you try :
- set a vhost with SSL (say, "sitedefault.domain.com"), to handle
certificates (in its "certs" directory, where you put the wildcard).
- in the siteXX.include of this site, add "NameVirtualhost <your IP
addr>:443"
- create other sites, and in their .include add :
include /etc/httpd/conf.d/site1.include.ssl

where site1 is the "sitedefault".

This file containing :
   SSLengine on
   SSLCACertificateFile /home/.sites/28/site1/certs/ca-certs
   SSLCertificateFile /home/.sites/28/site1/certs/certificate
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /home/.sites/28/site1/certs/key

Maybe you must add /home/.sites/28/site1/certs/ to open_basedir in the
other sites.

Not tested (we actually have something close of that with subdomains on
a server, but subdomains doesn't match your needs, right ?). Does this
work ?

Regards,
Frank