[BlueOnyx:14877] Re: new yum login.php has a problem to Japanese

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 6 22:31:31 -05 2014

Hi Eiji,

> You do not  do anything after all to this?

You see, when Michelangelo was painting the ceiling in the Sistine
Chapel in Rome, he took his sweet time. Often the pope himself would
come by and would shout up the scaffold: "Michelangelo, when will you be
finished?!?"

Rumor has it the answer was always the same: "When I'm done!!!"

Now let me see if I understand this right: You report a bug that I can't
replicate and *immediately* DEMAND that I drop everything and "fix it"?

Sorry, this doesn't work that way. Please read the license under which
BlueOnyx is released:

http://devel.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/licenses/SUN-modified-BSD-License.txt

Read especially this section of it:

This software is provided by the copyright holders and contributors "as
is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited
to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a
particular purpose are disclaimed.

Do you still have slaves in Japan? Do you treat business associates that
way? If so, that might be part of the problem here. You and I have no
contractual agreement that includes priority bug fixes. Any work I do
for the BlueOnyx project is voluntarily and in my own time. It is my
gift to this community. You can either take the gift, or leave it.

When you report bugs, provide all necessary information. I put the issue
on my list and eventually it will get fixed. The more serious the bug
is, the faster the fix will be out.

But don't make demands.

Today I spent 14 hours coding on the new BlueOnyx GUI. I'm not going on
a wild goose chase for some obscure bug that I can't replicate.
Especially not in code that will be obsoleted in a few weeks anyway.

When *that* is done, your bug is fixed as well.