[BlueOnyx:14890] Re: trouble with API

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Mar 8 14:03:11 -05 2014

Hi Chris,

> Ah, sorry no.   It is not working.   We still have the same symptom.

Ah, bummer. :-(

> It wouldn't have anything to do with the SSL certificate, would it?   I
> put a wildcard cert on the admserv side...

Shouldn't make a difference. When I worked on the API I was even using a
self signed certificate.

The thing here is that the API throws an error to adm_error on every
imaginable transaction that fails. But not so much on success.

Please do this:

In /usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/api/index.php you find this code on the
lines 117 and 118:

  $payload = json_decode($_POST['payload']);
  if (isset($payload->clientsdetails)) {

Wiggle this line in between them:

  error_log("BlueOnyx API Payload: $payload");

So the result looks like this:

  $payload = json_decode($_POST['payload']);
  error_log("BlueOnyx API Payload: $_POST['payload']");
  if (isset($payload->clientsdetails)) {

Then try that transaction again and watch /var/log/admserv/adm_error to
see if the line "BlueOnyx API Payload:" shows up. The $_POST['payload']
is the JSON encoded array with key/value pairs that got passed to your
BlueOnyx. Please do *not* post that here, as it contains sensitive
information.

It should not be empty, though. If it is empty, then that might be the
problem.