[BlueOnyx:14893] Re: trouble with API - Fixed, new WHMCS module out

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Mar 8 21:20:59 -05 2014

Hi all,

> Yeah, please let me take a look and let us take this offlist for now. We
> can post the resolution to this later.

There was indeed an issue with the API and Chris and I resolved it in
the meantime.

A new WHMCS module is available:

http://devel.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/TAR/whmcs-blueonyx-5100R-server-module-v2.1-1.tar.gz

On the BlueOnyx side of things an updated base-api has just been
published to YUM.

The nature of the problem is/was as follows:

The JSON encoded string that's posted from the WHMCS box to the BlueOnyx
API might get too long. That depended a bit on the amount of data in the
client record.

If that happened, the JSON decoding of the POST data failed.

The WHMCS module for managing BlueOnyx servers has been modified to only
submit the bare minimum of needed client data via the API (client
firstname, lastname and email).

While I was at it, the BlueOnyx API module as shipped via base-api now
does a bit more logging to /var/log/admserv/adm_error.